I introduced many of you to the wonderful world of Nory Locum last year in Aug. 2010, with my review of their delightfully flavorful confections, that we so fondly know as, Turkish Delight!
My fellow foodies fell in love with the idea of this beautiful treat from far off lands, as did I. And even more so to find out that it’s made right here in the US, by hand, in California!
Last time I was so graciously sent a few flavors of Turkish Delight to sample and savor for my review, and they were wonderful indeed, but I felt I was missing out on not trying the licorice flavor, because it has always been one of my favoritest flavors ever!!
When I was a little girl it was mine and my dad’s favorite flavor of everything! From candies to ice cream, cough drops to finding a feathery licorice flavored plant to chew on while hiking, we called it licorice plant! (no idea what it really was, fennel? anise?)
So this time when I was asked if I would like to review Nory’s licorice flavored Turkish Delight, you know that I did mini jumps of joys as I said “YES PLEASE!”
For those of you who did not read my first review and have never tried Locum/Turkish Delight, let me tell you a bit about it…
Rahat Locum, which means “contentment of the throat”, is a candy of royalty that is centuries old! Nory Rahat Locum is made fresh just for you! Their Locum “is made with locally grown, high quality ingredients and, is cooked, cut and packed by hand!” They are a very nice chewy consistency, with the perfect amount of flavor that leaves you wanting more!
I was more than pleased with the licorice flavor of these Turkish Delights, they are not at all over powering. I know that any licorice lover (and even those who think they are not) would be totally missing out if they did not try these wonderful confections for themselves.
You can order Nory Locum via their website.
Just as I was the first time I tasted Nory Locum, I am head over heal about this wonderful, magical delight. So once again, I give Nory Locum at total thumbs up!
Thank you Nory, for bringing back fond childhood memories in the form of your licorice Turkish Delight!
OH! and don’t forget to go over and say hi to Nory Candy in Twitter, they are very friendly and would love to answer any questions you may have!
Buy it: Nory Candy has an awesome website where you can order these flavorful gems to your heart’s content!
Thanks to the wonderful folks at Nory Candy, 5 of my readers will win a box of any Classic flavor locum!
Mandatory entry (this must be done before any of the xtras & to be entered)
Visit Nory Candy and tell me which of their Classic flavors you are looking forward to trying! (leave a comment & be sure to leave a way to get in contact with you if you are a winner-Twitter name, email, Facebook name)
Xtras: (please leave a separate comment for each entry)
1. Follow @NoryCandy on Twitter and tweet to them letting them know which flavor you would most love to try and that you entered this giveaway! ex: “@NoryCandy I would love to try your Rose flavored Locum, so I am entering @lifeonprint’s giveaway for a chance to win!” Then come back and tell me you did so, leave the tweet link (may be done once for-3 separate entries!)
2. Follow me on Twitter: @lifeonprint come back and leave a comment with your Twitter name letting me know that you do! (2 entries)
3. Follow Nory Candy on Facebook (3 entries)
4. Tweet about the LA Food post on Nory Locum must include @NoryCandy and the link to post: http://tinyurl.com/2bxxjal (4 entries) may be done 1 time per day. (leave link to your tweet in your entry comment)
5. Like this post (2 entries)
6. Subscribe to my blog-upper right hand corner (4 entries)
7. Add me to your blog roll (4 entries)
8. Blog about this giveaway (at least 50 words) and link to this giveaway (10 entries)
9. Make a purchase from Nory Candy (10 entries)
10. leave a comment on any non-giveaway post, comeback and tell me wich one! (3 entries each!)(1 comment per post)
11. Tweet about this giveaway: may be done up to 5 times per day (2 entries each)
@Norycandy Locum Review and Giveaway! 5 WINNERS!! via Life Through My Eyes….http://wp.me/pEXVk-mc PLZ RT!
#win delectable Turkish Delight handmade with love from @norycandy & @lifeonprint. 5 winners! http://wp.me/pEXVk-mc PLZ RT!!
Wanna win some @Norycandy Turkish Delight? Then hop on over and enter! 5 winners! http://wp.me/pEXVk-mc PLZ RT!!
Giveaway starts now! & ends on Tuesday April 26th @ 11:59 pm PST
***Winners: geekbabe, mbm218, bikeohio, hairgirl1966, abitnerdy Congrats and enjoy!! ***
* I was given 1 box of Locum for review. All opinions are mine alone, your’s may differ.
**only 1 person per IP addy may enter, no multi accounts, or same person under different names account entries. Please play fair, if anyone caught cheating will be banned from future entries on this blog. Thank you (so sad that I even need to post this) 😦